Looking for a Quality Employee?
On-the-Job Training With the Mesa County Workforce Center
On-the-Job Training or OJT is a limited-duration contract between an employer and the Mesa County Workforce Center, which provides for the training of a new employee who is also a participant in the Workforce Investment Act program.
Benefits to the employer:
- Reimbursement of the employee wage rate for a set period of time (50% to 90%).
- Assessment screening of skill levels and work values needed for the job.
- Worker receives the knowledge and skills essential to needs of the employer.
How it works:
- Employer notifies Mesa County Workforce Center, 248-0866, of interest in participating in an OJT program prior to hiring applicant.
- The funding for this program requires an eligibility process, which may take up to 1 week to complete. Please allow for this time frame.
Duration of OJT Agreement is determined by such factors as:
- The occupation for which the employee is being trained.
- The content of the training
- Prior work experience of the employee
- The available amount of grant funding from the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act grant.
On-the-Job Training is an excellent opportunity for employers to cultivate new, qualified employees while minimizing the cost of training.
Contact Hollie VanRoosendaal at 248-0866, or Mark Fugere at 248-0867 for more information.
*Not all applicants referred by the employer or Mesa County Workforce Center may be eligible for On-the-Job Training.